Monday, October 13, 2008

Wishlist...

Or should I say dream list? I am not really somebody who is into collecting or buying
"expensive stuff". I am a simple, boring soul when it comes to buying stuff for myself. You can ask my family about it.

I am pretty sure we all have a "wish list", things that we either want for our self or our family. All the time, if somebody would ask me something like this, I always say, and these will always be on top of my wish list, no matter what...good health for my family, peace of mind, happiness, for us to be together for a long time. I don't really pay much attention to the material stuff, if you can call it that way. Until lately...With everything that is going on in our economy, higher commodity prices, company lay offs and in the case of my husband....work is pretty slow. I have been doing my best to find a job but me having no experience and with the large number of experienced people without a job....my chance of getting hired is, yes pretty slim. So I am at the point of giving up on this one....

So what have this got to do with my wish list? My wish list is pretty much an "offspring" of the situation we are in right now. You know, like they are connected to each other....

My Wish list:

Win the lottery - and I don't mean the power ball or millions of dollars. I will be happy with $50K to $300K (at the most). Why just this amount, you ask? I just want to have our house paid off, some debts paid off, the jeep paid off, get furniture for our new house, set aside some money for Nikki and have some money save for rainy days. I know, to some this amount is nothing but to me this amount will be a huge help and I will be very happy and contented with it....and I am not being a hypocrite either. I have never in my life wanted to win the lottery this bad until lately.....because of my fear of losing what we wanted so much to have....our house.

More design projects for me - more projects means additional income for us. I am at a point where I feel "useless" cause I don't get to help my husband as much as I wanted to financially. So, if I get more projects and get to do something I enjoy and bring in some money and get to stay home and take care of the family, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Regular-permanent job for me - means an additional regular-permanent weekly income for us.

And those are my wishes (what I consider my material stuff wish list). I do believe in the power of positive thinking but....I also believe that the final decision is NOT ours to make. Somethings just don't happen like we wish them to be. It could be because we deserve something better or perhaps it could happen at a much better time. For everything that is on my wish list...for all my worries...my fears, I hope and sincerely pray that whatever the future holds for us....that we may be blessed with understanding, patience, humility and acceptance.

I do believe God will see us through.....

No comments:

Pondered Thoughts Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones