Friday, October 17, 2008

Reminiscing.....

On a cloudy, wet day like this, I can't help but think of the old days....

Mine is not filled with extravagant and luxurious things. But I am not complaining, in fact I am proud of what we have become.

Thinking about it now, I missed those days.....simple joys, simple things, simple wants, simple life. I remember playing with whatever things we have around and having good times with it. I remember having to go to bed early because we don't have television. We would lay down on the mat (banig) with the battery operated radio beside me listening to old "dramas" at night. I remember us eating together and being happy with whatever we have on the table. I remember my Mom having to feed us by hand so the food will be enough for us. I remember the good people who always have an open hand in those times that we needed help with money, with food.....people that we will forever be grateful with.

I remember how strong Mang was and how lovingly she took care of all of us. I remember how hard Daddy worked and worked harder for all of us.

Now that we all have a family of our own, I can't help but think how lucky we are. I am thankful for the old times, the simple joys, the simple life, the hard life that we used to have. I am thankful for my family, I am thankful to you Daddy and Mang. Whatever we have now, wherever we are now, its because of all your love and sacrifices for us. WE LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!

Reminiscing.......time to look back...I'm not rich nor famous but am thankful and appreciate what I have and what I have become, it keeps my feet on the ground and made me realized how lucky I am....good for the soul, good for the heart...

To Daddy, Mang, Ate, Kuya, Diko and Doods.....I love you all! Thanks for everything.

No comments:

Pondered Thoughts Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones