Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Life's Questions

What are your life's questions? What brought about these questions? Is it your need, is it out of frustration or is just a thought that pop up every now and then or, can we also say lack of faith?

I remember when I was still a child growing up in Bulacan ( province in the Philippines), there was never a time a "life's question" popped up in my young mind. If you remember in my other blog, I was grateful for the "hard life" we had for it made us a better and appreciative person that we are right now. Looking back, I think it is knowing and accepting the fact that we can not just have what the other kids have. I remember us not asking for toys, new clothes, new school supplies, of why is it that we only have little food in the table. I remember not feeling bad about not getting any gifts on our birthdays and Christmases. I remember not feeling any sadness about the lack of toys, new clothes and gifts. I remember not feeling any kind of envy to what the other kids have. All I remember is the the love and the contentment (of what we have). We are always thankful and feel blessed. We knew that Daddy and Mang were doing their best to give us a better life (and They DID!), we knew that they love us and that made up for everything.

Now that I am a mother myself, I am doing my best to instill the values and life's lesson that I learned while growing up to my daughter. I am doing my best to teach her that love is not all about getting new toys, new clothes, presents and all the material stuff that we kind of "associate" love to.

To go back to my life's questions, I guess what brought up these questions in the first place are our needs and the frustrations that comes with knowing that you are trying and doing your best and working hard but still...it seems to be not enough. That I feel like I am about to give up......

I questioned why some people have better lives than others? I questioned why is it that despite their good life, they don't seem to appreciate all the blessings that they have. I questioned why some people just have an easy life, like everything is offered to them in a silver platter.

I questioned why some people, despite of all their hard work, honesty, goodness and sacrifices never seems to move out of the life that they are trying to get out of.

I questioned why some people in spite of their hard life, still have a smile in their faces, love in their hearts and a helping hand to those that are in need.

Is it even right for me to have all these "life's questions"? I am still human. I get tired, frustrated and weak at times. Looking back, I think...I should apply what I learned growing up.

  • Be thankful for everything that you have.
  • Contentment on what you have at the moment.
  • Be happy with what you have and who you are.
  • Work harder and try harder to reach your goals.
  • Have faith in God that everything will happen according to HIS plans.

Here are a couple of videos ( I found on youtube) that I would like to share with you all. These are two of my favorite songs (who the singer by the way is a fellow Filipino, Gary Valenciano) that I love to listen to when I'm at a point that I feel like giving up...

Just click on the link below.

Lead Me Lord

Lift Up Your Hands

No comments:

Pondered Thoughts Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones