Thursday, July 24, 2008

Finding Myself

What are the talents that you can be proud of? Do you consider yourself talented? Are you still in the process of discovering your hidden talents or in the process of finding out what you want in your life...what you do best?

Growing up...I am shy, timid girl..somebody who would hide in the room if there were visitors in the house. I am the school, then home type of girl. I am proud to say though that I am an above average student, who was always in the honor roll, the top five of the class. I am just not the outgoing, life of the party type of girl. I was like this until my college years.

As for talents, I never considered myself talented. I don't have much of a good voice, to join any singing club or choir. I danced at school programs but not much of a dancer to join a dance club. I love to read but can't write good stories. I am not an artist either. I can draw simple flowers, houses, simple stuff so I am not somebody you would consider "an artist".

When I moved here in 2003 from the Philippines to be with my husband and be a stay at home mom to our daughter....it was a big adjustment for me, but it comes with the opportunity of discovering myself.....who I am and what I am capable of doing.

I discovered that though I can only draw simple stuff, I am creative enough to come up with good designs for my projects, wonderful stories for my slide shows, perhaps good and interesting article for my blog. But no, I didn't realized this until 2005 and later this year.

I still have a long way to go, a lot to learn.....my grammar may not be perfect, but I am proud of what I discovered about myself.

Do you believe in what they say that we all have a purpose on why we are here on earth? I do! I can't say, I know or found what my purpose is, but I know that when the right time comes, I will know that purpose. For now, I am just going to continue with my quest of discovering my talent and knowing myself better.....then I can be the best of what I can be.

No comments:

Pondered Thoughts Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones