Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Green Cards

The recent increase of stolen SSN and identities by illegal immigrants make me pondered this thought. Why is it that "Green Cards" are not required to be presented or shall we say, asked to be presented by immigrants when applying for jobs, benefits and other transactions that require proof of legality of an immigrant?

Don't get me wrong, I am not against immigrants as I am an immigrant myself. The only difference is I did it legally, complete with all the expenses and aggravation that comes with coming here legally.

Back to the green card issue, as far as I know, there are no issues yet of tampered or fake green cards, much as we hear of fake or stolen SSN. My point is, why not ask for Green Cards when we all know what is it for, to prove your legality to stay and work here in the United States? Can I say that Green Card is not doing its purpose then because authorities are not even asking for it?

It states at the back of the card that, "The person identified by this card is authorized to work and reside in the U.S." Wouldn't this be proof enough to present to authorities when applying for jobs, benefits, among other things that require proof of legality of an immigrant?

Aren't authorities and employers not aware of the existence of "Green Cards" and what is it for? It might save them a lot of troubles and this will probably help some in getting the illegal immigrants and give the job back to who it really belongs.

Just asking......after all this is just a pondered thought!

No comments:

Pondered Thoughts Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones